The Veterans Film Festival is a non-profit organisation with charitable status and our event is overseen by a passionate team of industry-experienced people and a committee board.
To produce this festival, the VFF events team is seeking volunteers, who are willing to provide their time to assist with behind-the-scenes action for this three-day event. There are various roles for volunteers, some of which require particular skills and experience in event management.
NEXT FESTIVAL: THURSDAY 3 to SUNDAY 6 NOVEMBER 2022 IN SYDNEY AT THE ENTERTAINMENT QUARTER, MOORE PARK
Volunteer roles will include:
– Front of house assistance;
– Distribution of festival information and brochures;
– Assistance at the VIP events each evening;
– Direction assistance to the venues, including ushering patrons to their seats;
– Ticket scanning;
– Bumping in/bumping out.
What are the requirements to be a volunteer at the VFF?
– You are 18 years or older;
– Attend a briefing/training session prior to the festival;
– Complete the online Volunteer Application form by the due date;
– Willing to adhere to the vision and goals of the Veterans Film Festival;
– Follow directions and be part of the team;
– Be a fluent English speaker;
– Able to communicate with film guests and VIPs in a friendly and professional manner;
– Follow the dress code for each session of the Veterans Film Festival;
– Be punctual and stay for the duration for each session.
Can I request a particular role or task I wish to volunteer in?
– Yes you can. Just outline your experience, interests in the role when you submit your application form;
– We will endeavour to place you into your 1st or 2nd preferences;
– Where friends request to be placed in the same session, we will endeavour to accommodate; however, we cannot guarantee this request;
– Please note: The VFF events team reserves the right to select the roles for any volunteer. The allocation is dependent on the volunteer’s skill or experience.
Do I need to attend all the sessions?
No. You have the option to nominate for one or multiple sessions;
You can nominate for all the sessions over the three days.
How long is each session?
Each session is approximately four hours.
What will I wear?
– The dress code for volunteers is black shirt/pants/skirt;
– Volunteers will have festival identification.
What happens at the briefing/training session?
– Meet & greet with Festival team and Volunteer Coordinator: confirmation of application/ID and other documentation;
– Refreshments provided – the session will last approx. one hour;
– Overview of the festival is presented;
– Volunteer roles and responsibilities are outlined;
– Volunteers meet other team members they will be working with for each session;
– Venue familiarisation and tour.
When will I know that I have been accepted as a Volunteer?
Once you have submitted your online volunteer application form, you’ll be contacted via email to confirm your application. An invitation to the training information session will be sent to your email.
Attendance at this session is essential, to be eligible for selection as a volunteer. The VFF Volunteer Coordinator will meet with you at the training information session and confirm your volunteering involvement.
Any other questions?
Contact the Festival Volunteer team at: email@example.com
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO OUR FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER TEAM!